The Best Things to Do in London During the Summer Holidays
London is a vibrant and exciting city that offers countless unique experiences and unforgettable activities for visitors of all ages and interests. Whether you want to watch films under the stars, rock out at music festivals, or just eat and drink your way around the city, there is truly no better place to celebrate the summer than in London.
In this blog post, we will share some of the best things to do in London during the summer holidays, and why Hotel Indigo London Paddington Hyde Park is the perfect place to stay in London during this season.
Outdoor Culture in London
When the sun comes out, London takes the roof off. Here are a few of our favourite al fresco activities:
- Outdoor Cinema: It wouldn't be summer in London without an onslaught of pop-up outdoor cinemas and rooftop film screenings. Some are already underway, others begin in June, and others still make an appearance later in the summer.
- Summer by the River: Open-air festival ‘Summer by the River’ returns to More London, the stretch of land on the south bank of the Thames between London Bridge and Tower Bridge, this year with a 1930s Miami theme. The schedule is packed full of open-air gigs, theatre shows, film screenings, bingo and karaoke nights, with a pop-up bar and restaurant too. From 30 May 2023.
- Greenwich and Docklands International Festival: Free outdoor performing arts festival Greenwich and Docklands International Festival returns, for two weeks of theatre, art, dance and circus in outdoor locations. The full 2023 programme will be revealed in June, but a highlight already announced is a rainbow island of foam taking over Greenwich Peninsula. 26 August-11 September 2023.
Cultural Events in London
London is a cultural hub that hosts some of the most amazing events and festivals throughout the year. Here are some of the highlights for summer 2023:
- London Festival of Architecture: A celebration of architecture and 'city-making', the London Festival of Architecture programme is packed full of more than 400 events throughout the month, from public installations to talks, tours, debates and performances — including some family-friendly events too. Highlights include pop-up bike parking, a rocking bench and a full-size recreation of a Lebanese house. 1-30 June.
- Zoo Nights: Experience London Zoo like never before with Zoo Nights, a series of adults-only evenings where you can explore the zoo after hours, enjoy live entertainment, street food and drinks, and take part in animal-themed activities. Every Friday from 4 June to 30 July.
- Monopoly Lifesized: Get on your feet and roll the giant dice as you travel around the high tech, interactive game board. Monopoly Lifesized is a new immersive attraction that lets you play the classic board game in real life. Choose from four different themed boards and compete with other teams to buy properties, collect rent and avoid jail. Opens 14 August.
Summer Food and Drink in London
London is a foodie paradise that offers a variety of cuisines and dining experiences for every taste and budget. Here are some of the best ways to enjoy summer food and drink in London:
- The View from The Shard: Make the most of the long summer evenings at The View from The Shard: Sip on champagne cocktails and late-night drinks while enjoying panoramic views of London from 800ft above ground level.
- Rooftop Bars: Experience killer views from some of the city’s best rooftop bars for sunset drinks: Try The Nest at Treehouse Hotel for a cosy vibe with fire pits and blankets; Sky Garden for a lush oasis with live music; or Jin Bo Law Skybar for Asian-inspired cocktails overlooking Tower Bridge.
- Street Food Markets: Discover some of London's best street food markets where you can sample dishes from around the world: Check out Borough Market for artisan produce and gourmet treats; Camden Market for vegan delights and international flavours; or Dinerama for burgers, tacos and pizza.
Stay at Hotel Indigo London Paddington Hyde Park
If you are looking for a stylish and comfortable accommodation in London during the summer holidays, look no further than Hotel Indigo London Paddington Hyde Park. Our 4-star hotel is conveniently located near Paddington Station, which offers easy access to Heathrow Airport and other parts of the city. You can also walk to Hyde Park, Oxford Street and the West End theatreland in minutes.
Hotel Indigo London Paddington Hyde Park is a boutique hotel that reflects the local neighbourhood and culture. Each room is individually decorated with vibrant colours, hardwood floors and interesting wall art. You can enjoy free high-speed WiFi, free minibars, coffee machines, smart TVs and luxurious bathrooms with rainfall showers and complimentary toiletries. All rooms also include voice-controlled virtual concierge with AI technology and touchscreen.
The hotel also features a 24-hour fitness centre, meeting rooms and a garden terrace. You can dine at the on-site Bella Italia Paddington, which serves a creative Italian menu with quality local produce and exclusive wines. You can also enjoy a full English breakfast with Italian twists and traditional tea and cake on the terrace or in the colourful cafe dining room.
Hotel Indigo London Paddington Hyde Park is the perfect place to stay in London during the summer holidays. You can enjoy the best of both worlds: a cosy and elegant hotel with modern amenities and a prime location near some of the most popular attractions and events in London. Book your stay today and get ready for an unforgettable summer in London!Book Now