“ Another Fantastic Indigo Paddington Experience ”5 of 5 stars Reviewed 16 April 2017 on tripadvisor
Yet another Indigo Paddington Experience that FAR Exceeds Expectations
This is our third Holiday at Indigo Paddington in the past four years, and each visit we also celebrated both our birthdays.
After multiple tremendous experiences one wonders if another visit can possible meet the bar set by previous visits. This time we were a bit more concerned because there has been significant turn over in management and staff.
Yet some how each visit somehow continues to raise the bar, we could not have hoped for a better experience for our end of March beginning of April visit. Than you to Sharad and his team. We had a top class experience.
It is important to realize we paid for our accommodations entirely with IHG Points, I don’t know what revenue feeds to the specific hotel when one does this, but by they way were treated one would think you were paying top dollar for your stay.
There are so many staff members that had a positive and in some cases very special impact on our stay, we will try to mention them as we walk through why one should choose to stay at Indigo Paddington.
The location is key for several reasons.
1. Land in Heathrow. Take the very reasonable priced Heathrow Express, arrive 15 minutes latter in the famous Paddington Station. walk straight out of the station, walk straight for 5 minutes and you arrive at the front door of the Indigo. It cannot get any easier than this, no taxi, no bus, not pulling your luggage on an Underground Tube, Easy as Pie as the say in the USA.
2. Repeat that 5 minute walk to Padding Station’s Underground for Access to the Bakerloo,, Circle, and District Lines, as well as Hammersmith and City. You will access just about all the places you want to go from there or in some cases an easy transfer to another line..
3. On your way to the station, in the AM if you don’t want to take time to eat at the fantastic hotel restaurant London Street Brasserie, then turn right on Praed Street and walk a minute to Bonne Bouche for a fantastic take away breakfast sandwich and pastry. Note they also happily make fresh sandwiches for you.
4. Pub Location. Want authentic local pubs, walk to The Victoria or the Monkey Puzzle.
5. A short walk to Hyde Park, Edgeware Road, Marble Arch ...
6. Getaway day? repeat number 1 in reverse.
Okay this is London, please know that any hotel room in London is likely to be smaller than places outside major cities. But please know the room is extremely well laid out. The bed is great, the shades are fully room darkening, there is power everywhere including multiple USB Hubs. (International travelers remember your converters and remember for some it is only the plug, not the voltage needing conversion). The bathroom supplies are very good and the bathroom well laid out with a very spacious multi head shower. You are in London, so enjoy the in room Tea Pot and tea provided by the hotel, or Hot Coco, or maybe you would rather use the Espresso Machine, they also provide water and soda. If you wish there is also Turndown Service. you will not want for anything, because the team does everything reasonable, and maybe more than reasonable to meet and anticipate wants and needs. Guests form the USA, yes there is a hair dryer, an Iron and iron board in the room.
In the end, a room is a room, and a building is just a building. To us the staff drives an experience.
The staff exceeds and the tone is set from the top.
GM Sharad is amazing. He is engaging, He wants everyone to have a special experience. He asks questions, asks about your day and your plans and what he can do to help improve your stay. He is responsive and if you spend time with him you will want to be his friend.
Then there are simple things. We always request extra towels and pillows when we travel. Sometimes they will be in our room when we arrive, rarely the additional towels are provided everyday. At this Indigo not only were our requests in the room upon check-in, we had our additional towels presented nicely everyday. Thank you for attention to this detail.
Reece, the restaurant manager also did everything to ensure that every experience at the restaurant was a great experience, breakfast, dinner, drinks ... even when he saw us other than the resturant he would engage us and ask about our stay and ensure we had every thing we needed.
We met Nicoleta at check-in, she provided a smooth experience and we enjoyed every interaction with her during our stay; how was our day, can we help you with anything, is your room good ... great job
Elina at the front desk . .. she just made a connection with my wife and I. we chatted with her each day, and thoroughly enjoyed every interaction. She made us feel like we were the only guests at the hotel.
All our front desk experiences were positive, Matthew the FOM, Mary, they were all engaging and caring. The skills of this team is priceless.
Titta served us breakfast twice with a friendly smile, Roberta, and Frederica were very friendly with our night cap drinks, as was I think her name is Romona.
The hotel also provided a wonderful birthday meal for us, ( our birthdays are a day apart) and Roberta, Frederica, and Sharad made this very special for us.
The Porter Witek also offered friendly advice on pubs, directions, and provided occasional room service for us.
You will not find a hotel with a better location, better accommodations, better laid out room, better restaurant, or a better team of people to make your stay more enjoyable.
We anticipate our next stay will provide as great an experience as our previous stays.